Wednesday 18 July 2012

LOTD : Books glorious books.


I thought I would perk myself up from my rather gloomy previous entry by participating in http://sprinkleofglitter.blogspot.co.uk/  Love of the day ! ( if you don't know who she is ,click quickly she is ace and my favourite blog person / you tube bod ,I want to be her friend in real life ..must stop fangirling now) .Today is books, and given that I'm trying to write one it will be unsurprising that I love reading. As much as I have tried to read the classics I always fall back on a good old chick lit ,I got a tweet back from chick lit queen Jill Mansell recently and almost  wet myself . I'm not sure that my first and favourite book in the world ,ever is actually considered chick lit though .



What an obvious choice I hear you cry! Well firstly I read this way before it was insanely popular and way way way before it was a ( terrible) movie .There isn't a part of this book I don't adore .It's just prefect .Without giving too much away if your one the few people who haven't read it The two characters Emma and Dex hook up on their last day at university and the story follows them for the next twenty or so years. The film butchered this book ,Anne Hathaway was horrific casting in my opinion . I've read all David Nicholls books ,starter for ten is another favourite with a much better film version!

Secondly I'll give a special mention to my most read book . Frivolous easy to read chick lit . I take it in the bath and read it over and over again.



What's new pussycat ? by Alexandra potter 

Girls meet Boy ,moves to London at the drop of a hat ,get's ace new life.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment