Sunday 15 July 2012

25,000



Earlier this year and by that I mean May I challenged myself to a task .That task was by no means an easy one.I decided that I wanted to write a book , or as I like to call it a "collection of words".Book seems far too professional and worthy and a story too childlike.I did some research and found out that the average length is 80,000 words Which is hell of a lot of words ,which shouldn't be that shocking but it is .


I've been writing since May and still only just hit 25,000 words but that is an achievement worthy of a blog post . It's double the longest thing I have ever written before ( An extremely dodgy dissertation ).


25,000.


1/4 and a bit .


Let's do this!


I've set a myself a target of Christmas .If I've been writing it for two months and not forgotten about it ,surely I can do this? I don't write every day because I don't have inspiration every day. Simple as that but if only write a few thousand words in a whole week ,I'll still achieve my goal . The goal isn't to actually have anyone read it ,I would never let that happen because I hate criticism of any kind. Perhaps if I thought I'd written a masterpiece ,but let's get real I'm not Jane Austen. I don't want people ripping my writing to shreds.


Now to write the rest of it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment